Get Involved as a Sponsor, a Volunteer, or a Board Member
Scroll down to learn more about volunteering for and contacting C4C.
Interested in sponsoring our next event within the community? We are always looking for more support
Contact C4 Community
Cyclists for Community Board of Directors
Background and how to apply to serve on the board
Serving on the Cyclists for Community (C4C) Board of Directors is a rewarding experience and an exciting opportunity to advance the mission and vision of one of Boulder’s leading non-profit organizations. Membership on the Board of Directors comes with certain benefits and expectations, outlined here, along with more information about our board of directors.
We are responsible cyclists who lead and partner with our communities to develop safety, educational, philanthropic, and social initiatives and programs to create a positive experience for all users of our roads and bikeways.
We serve the community to achieve safe cycling and lower stress for all users on the roads and bikeways through the reduction of incidents.
We give back to the community to create harmony between the various users.
We partner within our communities to embrace cycling as part of the transportation mix.
C4C Board of Directors Information
- Board meetings are generally the first Tuesday or Wednesday of every month at 5:30 PM. Board meetings typically run for 1.5-2 hours. Recently, meetings have been held virtually.
- The 2022 board schedule: 2/2, 3/8, 4/6, 5/10, 6/8, 8/2, 9/7, 10/4, 11/9; 1/10/23. We do not hold board meetings in July or December.
- Board members are somewhat active between meetings on email and serving on sub-committees.
- Current committees: Executive, Governance, Finance, Wednesday Morning Velo (WMV), Advocacy, Marketing, and Fundraising/Events.
- Board members may initially fill a vacant slot/ partial term but are generally elected for 2-year terms.
C4C Board Member Expectations
- Board members are expected to attend at least eight out of ten board meetings per year. 100% participation is preferred for continuity and shared strength.
- Board members are expected to actively participate on a committee. Committees generally meet every 1-2 months, or more frequently as the work requires. Our current committees are listed above.
- Board members are expected to attend Crank it Forward (CIF), our primary fundraising event. The next CIF is scheduled for May 20, 2022.
- Board members are expected to make a meaningful financial contribution to the organization. Amounts are confidential, and there is no minimum contribution. However, it is important for us when approaching potential donors, that all board members are financially invested in the organization.
- Board members are expected to actively participate in a respectful, collaborative, and productive way during board discussions.
- Board members are expected to participate outside of meetings by actively and quickly engaging in email discussions.
- Board members are asked to periodically assist with or attend a fundraising or community outreach event, or participate in other ways like attending a donor recognition party, or utilize their skills, expertise or connections in other ways to help the organization.
- Board members are expected to have a basic understanding of the fiduciary duties that govern nonprofit board service.
C4C Board Member Benefits
Benefits of serving on a non-profit board like Cyclists for Community are primarily intangible, like developing skills and gaining valuable business, political and professional connections. Board members take pride in contributing to the Boulder community and pushing forward initiatives that serve our Mission and Vision.
More Information about C4C
Learn more about the history of the organization, current board members, and in general at c4community.org. In particular, click through to the News and About pages and sections of the site.
Still Interested in Joining the board of directors? Click the button below to apply.